Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dual Core Processors and CPU Upgrade


photo taken from Custom PC


They say they are the new kids on the block as far as new Pentium chip technology is concerned but my real question is up to when? I have been using my Pentium IV 2.0 for almost 5 years now and am pretty much satisfied. Aside from speed, can it handle my video editing software this time around?

These are questions in mind. I have been thinking of upgrading my computer and giving this PC to my wife’s cousin since he is taking up computer science today. While that would all depend on me, I guess I will pretty much buy the package I had made.

All I need are central processing unit (CPU) parts such as the processor, memory and motherboard if you think about it. Although being the computer geek I am, I put in a higher video card (1 gig I think!) and a 160 gigabyte hard drive as well as a brand new DVD writer to go. It is going to cost somewhere around the price of $300.00 just for those specs. I don't need a monitor since I still have my ACER AL1706 LCD monitor to use.

I think it is a wise investment considering online and telecommute work is now my main cup of tea. So if you want to get better results, chances are you have to be equipped with good equipment to support your work.

What I hate really is having to re-install everything. From the operating system to the other applications I need, its going to be a long day for me to get everything back together. This also includes transferring my thousands of files to it.

The OS? I think I will stick it out with Windows XP for now. While it can support the new Windows Vista operating system, I will cross the bridge when I get there.

3 comments:

SuccessCodes.us said...

Offshore software development company in Pakistan Success Codes provides- It Outsourcing| project development|contract development| web design

SuccessCodes.us said...

Web site design services company Success Codes provides- Website Design and Development Services

SuccessCodes.us said...

Website Design and Development
Website Design and Development company in Pakistan Success Codes provides- Website Design and Development Services