Monday, June 08, 2009
Kensington releases new notebook lock
Kensington has dealt with notebook and desktop accessories for quite some time to date, and their expertise in this department is not to be underestimated, otherwise they would’ve pulled out from such a market a long time ago as the customer is certainly always discerning. Well, this time round Kensington will aim to help you secure your precious new notebook wherever you go, not by arming it with some sort of magical electrical force field that will only deactivate at your command, but a more simple solution that is pretty much secure in its own right - the Kensington MicroSaver DS Keyed Ultra-Thin Notebook Lock. Boasting a modern design that functions to safeguard while providing a physical deterrent against theft of valuable business equipment and the sensitive data stored within them, the new MicroSaver DS Keyed Ultra-Thin Notebook Lock will come in a ground-breaking ultra thin design without sacrificing on performance and reliability.
This notebook lock is special as it can secure even the thinnest notebook around, so all you MacBook Air users as well as the new MSI X-Slim series will be pleased to note that this $49.99 anti-theft device will also handle those notebooks perfectly. Some of the features and specifications available include :-
* Advanced disk style keyed locking mechanism - the most secure available Revolutionary slim design, ideal for Ultra-thin notebooks
* A rotating head and pivoting cable allow you to easily connect to your notebook and position the lock
* Attaches to most notebooks via the Kensington Security Slot found in 99% of notebooks
* Patented T-bar locking mechanism provides superior strength and theft protection
* Super-strong carbon steel cable provides greater security in a 10%-thinner design
* 5-ft carbon tempered steel cable
* Includes two keys
* Rubber tie for cable cord management and portability
You can place your pre-order for the Kensington MicroSaver DS Keyed Ultra-Thin Notebook Lock from Amazon.com and Kensington.com, where it will ship at the end of the month to other major retailers.