Friday, May 02, 2008

When is the time to Upgrade your PC?


I have been using my Pentium 4 2.0 PC for over 5 years now and it makes me wonder, is it time to upgrade it? I have been seeing various new computers in the market today like the dual core Pentium processors and new memory chip modules. But while I am a real sucker for gadgets and computer stuff, the thought crossed my mind.

Performance wise, I am content with my computer as of to date. It helps me do the necessary things such as the usual word processing and spreadsheet things and some minor graphic designing details for offline everyday work. But when it comes to software requirements, sooner or later the hardware will need to be changed.

Price-wise, it seems reasonable to upgrade to a new one today. But one thing I am likewise considering is only getting a new CPU because my 15" Acer AL1706 LCD monitor can still be used.

Perhaps a little bit more of waiting. Technology changes fast and of all things I would hate is seeing new specifications after buying a new one just now. Well that’s technology for you!

1 comment:

root123 said...

Ha...Ha...that's really frustrating. But then u can't predict technology change...so have to face the music. At best what u can do is to wahi & keep yourself up-to-date about the latest happenings in the required technology stuff...about what comes in and what is most likely to appear in the market.