Sunday, April 26, 2009

Viewsonic: All In One PC


The last time I reported on ViewSonic, I was at CES. I was quite impressed by their 3-D monitors and projectors, and I saw several other quality ViewSonic products while I was in Las Vegas. I believe that one of them was the All-In-One PC.

The VPC100 is designed to “operate independently, hardwired into a LAN network or work wirelessly in any 802.11 b/g WiFi network”. It has a 19-inch display that is very thin at 35mm. Inside is a built-in Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor with Microsoft XP Home, as well as 1GB of RAM and 160GB HDD.

Other features include a 4-in-1 card reader, a DVD RW drive, 2×3 watt speakers for video conferencing and Internet browsing, an integrated 1.3 megapixel webcam, and 4 USB 2.0 ports.

I believe that ViewSonic is marketing this product for those who need the space on their desk, and they also say it is perfect for schools. Sounds like a real winner on many fronts, and you also have to admire its sleek black look.

My sources do not say when the ViewSonic VPC100 will be released, and I am afraid that I don’t know the price either. I hope that the price will be brought down, as an inexpensive All-in-One PC could really make a killing in today’s market.

Source

No comments: