Tuesday, May 05, 2009

UVSunSense Wristbands


I was on a beach the yesterday with my kids, and I really wasn’t prepared for a hot day. If anything, I felt stupid for giving the kids sweaters. While the kids were playing, the sun burned me up and I didn’t notice. Last night, I looked in the mirror to see some guy with a pink face looking back at me.

Perhaps I should have been wearing one of those wristbands that monitor harmful UVA and UVB rays. Or, I could take it a step further and get a UVSunSense band.

So what makes the UVSunSense different than those other sun-bands? Well, most of those sun bands don’t let you know when you need to reapply your sunscreen.

Here’s how it works in a nutshell. As you put on your sunscreen, you also put a dab of the lotion on the UVSunSense. The band will turn purple in the sunshine, but this color will not last. In fact, the user should take note of when it turns colorless, as it will be time to put on more sunscreen.

There are actually two ways that this bracelet can save your skin. On the side of this guy is a note saying: “Apply sunscreen to this side”. If the user cannot read this, it would be a good idea to quit their day at the beach. Now there’s something I wish I would have done yesterday.

Well, if you want to get down on this tech, feel free to purchase a 7-pack of UVSunSense from Amazon for just $5.87.

Source

No comments: