Monday, September 14, 2009

Doing the Christmas Gadget List on September


It's already September and I know that Halloween comes first before Christmas, but I just can't stop thinking about it; the stress of last year's holidays are still with me and I don't want to go through that anymore. One of the worst things that happened to me the last time was buying gifts for my loved ones a few hours after Christmas. Obviously they weren't that happy about my gifts being late and all. Moral of the story? Get your Christmas List on right now!

I'm going to try to make a list here and hopefully you get some idea about what to give your loved ones as well.

My grandmother is really old time traditional. She doesn't like Santa Claus at all so you won't see any decoration nor even a sock on the fireplace. She was there when a certain soda company made 'ol Nick the center of Christmas, but for her it will always be the birth of Jesus Christ. What she does appreciate is a Nativity Set on top of her favorite table. Here's a sample of it below:

For the non Catholics, a nativity scene shows how Jesus Christ was born on a manger with both his parents, the Three Kings, some shepherds, and a couple of barn animals were witness to his birth. She still acknowledges some gadgets though as she really digs an e-reader.

Ok, that's a Nativity Set and the latest e-reader for my grandma.

My mother on the other hand has become a social networking fan; specifically Facebook. She's mostly online, chatting with her old highschool friends and talking about what movie to go to every Sunday. So for her, my gift would be a smartphone with WIFI capabilities. That way, she can lug it around and not be afraid of losing touch with her Facebook buddies. She can also immediately upload any picture of anything she wants, as long as there's a WIFI signal around.

Lastly, my dad is a sport nut. He wants to be updated of the scores of his fave teams and sports figures. I think i'll give him the same phone as mom's, so while she's chatting away, he's watching a live sports broadcast beside her. Sorry folks, both of my parents are tech nuts--now you know where I get it from.

So there it is, my Christmas List for my loved ones. Now, if there's only enough money left for me...

No comments: