Why is there so much hype for Spotify anyway? Besides being a killer music application for the iPhone 3GS, it's supposed to change the way is being shared--sorry--distributed via mobile device. We initially thought it would be impossible that it would ever get approved considering Apple's penchant for killing any app that competes with the iTunes Store, but it got approved--in Europe.
The day has come for the patient Spotify fans in UK, Sweden, Spain, France, Norway, and Finland to buy and download the app from the iTunes Store, and every music and tech lover's expected to download it. If you aren't convinced yet, check out the features!
Key features include:
- Access to millions of tracks with Spotify’s constantly updated catalogue
- Search and stream music instantly. Browse by artist, title, album, genre, label or year
- Create and synchronise playlists. Updates from the desktop application will be synced instantly and vice versa
- Playlists can be downloaded and played in offline mode when you have no connection, are on a plane or subway, or abroad and subject to roaming data fees
- Listen to tracks and albums in their entirety. Rewind, fast-forward, pause, skip and shuffle
- View cover art for all tracks and albums
Another piece of good news? It's heading over to Android and with Symbian soon! Talk about covering all the bases! Videos of how it'll look like in Android and Symbian below:
How will this affect the iTunes Store? How will Apple react to this application? We'll see soon as Apple has something up its sleeve coming Sept. 9. Until then enjoy your Spotify!